Thursday, November 27, 2008

Introduction....Welcome to my Blog!

Hey there! Welcome to my blog. This is just an introduction on how I got started with writing poetry and why I created this blog. Feel free to comment. It's not really a need-to-read thing....I just thought I'd give background information.

How I got Started:
I was in the eighth grade and doing a poetry unit in Language Arts. One of our first assignments was do make an extended metaphor , to relate something to school. Like a lot of people, I thought poetry was lame and only for people who were a lot older than me to read. At first, I was thinking about "School is the Internet." But when my friend, Sonya, needed suggestions, and that was the one I gave to her. Then I thought of another on my own, "School is a Comica Book." My teacher read that poem out loud and I got applause from my peers. That was the first time I wrote a poem. The first one I ever wrote. Later on, we had to make a scrapbook full of poems. Now I thought I was in trouble. Most of them had to be free verse, and I had no topics. But when I got writing, I spilled about all of my feelings in there. I recieved 93% on that scrapbook. One of the highest marks I had ever gotten (besides 100% on SOME, but BARELY any assignments). So that's how I got started writing poetry. I found out that it was an amazing way to get all my feelings out, rather than writing it in a journal. And trust me, I have A LOT of journals.

Why I made this blog:
Well, I've only been writing poetry since about April 08, and I've used up an entire notebook already, and I need another place to put my poems. I haven't shared any of my poems with anyone. Actually, no one even knows I write poetry, excpet a few people here and there. So why not create a public blog with all my poems in them? That's what I was thinking. So...TADA !! : )

So that's all. That's the background information from my poetry writing. Please keep reading for more poems!

No comments: